Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Short Version of the Story

My story: 7 years ago I met the man of my dreams. We got married in March of 2005 bought our first home, a one bedroom apartment in NYC. We had our first child Wyatt, in August of 2006. Our second boy, Nate came in 2008. We moved to Stamford CT a few months after that and in 2009 I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer. Oh I forgot to mention just before I was diagnosed I did my first ever sprint triathlon just four days before the "big news". It was a long road but two years later, practically to the day, I completed my second sprint triathlon and I am not stopping!!!

My mantra- Taken from Melissa Ethridge's song, I just added a few words "I Swim,Bike, Run for Life".

My hope - Is that I can help educate and encourage other women to take their health in their own hands and stay happy and healthy. Life is way to short.




No comments:

Post a Comment